DigitSmith

Barudan 6 head registration problems

Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 9th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
minimalist minimalist is offline
Senior Member

minimalist's Avatar
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
252
Liked:
55 times
Default Barudan 6 head registration problems

I've been in the family business for under a year so I don't have all the experience with the computer side of things. We have a barudan six head (2005 model) that looses registration when changing colors. I've been on the phone with tech support and been through all of the remote attempts only to be told it's probably a drive board @ 6K. Anybody know of a alternate way to fix this without getting a new drive board? Any other suggestions.
Send a private message to minimalist ContactReply & Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
twok4hd twok4hd is offline
Senior Member
Join Date:
Jan 2009
Posts:
131
Liked:
1 times
Default Re: Barudan 6 head registration problems

I had an issue on our Barudan that left us scratching our heads. We had a design in memory that we had sewn many many times. Customer calls for an order and we set up for it. We always do a sew out to be sure everything is right and when it started it didn't move from the origin point to start its first stitch it started stitching right from the center of the design to where the first stitch should of been. I was like OK what did I just see. Started over and did it again. Made a call to tech support and they said to get rid of the design in memory and load a new one. So we loaded a new one off the CF card and same thing. After mumbling a few choice words I erased the design off the CF and reloaded a new one off our computer onto the CF card and then into memory and wala, problem fixed. None of our other designs gave us a problem. Just that one so far. Still scratching my head. Shared it Barudan rep and Bob Stone the sales manager and they looked at me like WOW.

Not saying it's your problem, but worth a try.
__________________
Glenn
Sew Fine Designs
Send a private message to twok4hd ContactReply & Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
stevemb stevemb is offline
Junior Member
Join Date:
Oct 2009
Posts:
5
Liked:
0 times
Default Re: Barudan 6 head registration problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist
I've been in the family business for under a year so I don't have all the experience with the computer side of things. We have a barudan six head (2005 model) that looses registration when changing colors. I've been on the phone with tech support and been through all of the remote attempts only to be told it's probably a drive board @ 6K. Anybody know of a alternate way to fix this without getting a new drive board? Any other suggestions.

After making a color-change, rotate the main shaft to ensure the needle is entering the needle plate in the center of the needle hole. Your color change mechanism may be "loose" allowing the needle bar mechanism a slight variation of placement after a color change.
Send a private message to stevemb ContactReply & Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
minimalist minimalist is offline
Senior Member

minimalist's Avatar
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
252
Liked:
55 times
Default Re: Barudan 6 head registration problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemb
After making a color-change, rotate the main shaft to ensure the needle is entering the needle plate in the center of the needle hole. Your color change mechanism may be "loose" allowing the needle bar mechanism a slight variation of placement after a color change.
When the machine changes color the design is 1/8 to 1/4" off side to side. I tried different designs, deleting and reloading the card, software update, magic from tech support to no avail. It's what I call the most expensive single needle 6 head out there.

I'm fairly certain that the board could be repaired but I don't know where to start on that.
Send a private message to minimalist ContactReply & Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
stevemb stevemb is offline
Junior Member
Join Date:
Oct 2009
Posts:
5
Liked:
0 times
Default Re: Barudan 6 head registration problems

Are you experiencing an extraordianry number of needle breaks? Have you rotated the main shaft, lowering the needle bar down into the needle plate to view the position of the needle in the needle hole after a color change? Is there any "play" in the color change mechanism (if yoy were to grab on to the needle bar assembly on head one and try to physically move the needle bar (front of the sewing head)...does it seem tight--no lateral movement?
Send a private message to stevemb ContactReply & Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
minimalist minimalist is offline
Senior Member

minimalist's Avatar
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
252
Liked:
55 times
Default Re: Barudan 6 head registration problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemb
Are you experiencing an extraordianry number of needle breaks? Have you rotated the main shaft, lowering the needle bar down into the needle plate to view the position of the needle in the needle hole after a color change? Is there any "play" in the color change mechanism (if yoy were to grab on to the needle bar assembly on head one and try to physically move the needle bar (front of the sewing head)...does it seem tight--no lateral movement?
No needle breaks. I give it a good tug tomorrow to see if it moves.
Send a private message to minimalist ContactReply & Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eric Eric is offline
Senior Member
Join Date:
Nov 2008
Location:
Central Massachusetts
Posts:
384
Liked:
0 times
Default Re: Barudan 6 head registration problems

Just for curiosity sake are these caps or flats?

Has someone perhaps accidentally set an offset in the file or machine panel?

Is it always off by the same amount of registration? Or does it differ. If it differs from run to run then that is a very good (unfortunate) possibility it's a drive board.

Where are you located? I may have a drive board is it a ZN, ZQ or just plain Z series?
Send a private message to Eric ContactReply & Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
minimalist minimalist is offline
Senior Member

minimalist's Avatar
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
252
Liked:
55 times
Default Re: Barudan 6 head registration problems

It's done it on both caps and flats. The registration seems to be 1/8 to 1/4" off horizontally with no real pattern of error. It just does it's own thing. I changed colors in the design and it did the same thing. I know the design isn't corrupted because I ran the same one on the single head with no flaw. The ISS show was in FW and I took a hat down and talked with Barudan about it and they had me talk to a tech but no real solution. I know the Barudan is a good machine but when I watched the ZSK roll at 1K on hats the numbers on paper blow my 650spm out of the water.

The machine has been down for 2-3 months now as income isn't the best right now. Orders are down quite a bit in our industry so I've been keeping up with the one 6 and 1 single. Got lots of stuff coming from overseas because the people making our stuff suddenly can't get the color of nylon we need and we had to buy enough material to make 4K units when we usually order 200.

I'd have to look at the number again to tell you what it is. I spent 20 years running my own leather shop and fixing all the machinery. Those machines didn't have electronics. I ran a couple of Juki TSC441's for close to 15 years constantly and never even replace a hook.


Our shop is in Bridgeport, TX.


I do appreciate everyones help in this.
Send a private message to minimalist ContactReply & Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
minimalist minimalist is offline
Senior Member

minimalist's Avatar
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
252
Liked:
55 times
Default Re: Barudan 6 head registration problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric
Just for curiosity sake are these caps or flats?

Has someone perhaps accidentally set an offset in the file or machine panel?

Is it always off by the same amount of registration? Or does it differ. If it differs from run to run then that is a very good (unfortunate) possibility it's a drive board.

Where are you located? I may have a drive board is it a ZN, ZQ or just plain Z series?

It's a ZQ series.
Send a private message to minimalist ContactReply & Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Doug Shepard Doug Shepard is offline
Junior Member
Join Date:
Sep 2008
Posts:
10
Liked:
0 times
Default Re: Barudan 6 head registration problems

I am a tech and if it's the board I have a person who can repair this board for you. You may want a tech to look at it just for a second opinion though before shipping it to him. Here's his link to his website, his name is Mike you can call him and he could walk you through a few things as well. You can use me as a reference as well. http://www.masis.com/
Send a private message to Doug Shepard ContactReply & Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 15 head barudan 7 color and 9 color machine for sale or trade justin b Old Embroidery Ads 0 December 10th, 2009 10:25 AM
2 - Barudan 6 Head Embroidery Machine Model Bevy-Z1506C scorpionnw Old Embroidery Ads 1 December 4th, 2009 10:59 PM
Barudan 2 Head 5 Color Profit - $4500 Carpenteruniform Old Embroidery Ads 1 February 26th, 2009 01:08 AM
Barudan 15 Head, 9 Thread Machine for Sale 1998 Firenoodle Old Embroidery Ads 2 August 15th, 2007 01:30 PM
4 Sale Barudan 4 head Barudan Single head whitneys Old Embroidery Ads 2 April 5th, 2007 09:31 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 AM.
Copyright © 2011 DigitSmith. All rights reserved.
Forums software by VBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.