DigitSmith

How Much Money Can I Make With A Basic Screen Printing Setup?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tancehughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
DPRO DPRO is offline
Junior Member
Join Date:
Nov 2011
Posts:
13
Liked:
3 times
Red face How Much Money Can I Make With A Basic Screen Printing Setup?

I'm still in college and would like to start making money on the side. Can someone who screen print part time at home make decent money to help pay for college? TY.
Send a private message to DPRO ContactReply & Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
tancehughes tancehughes is offline
Member
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
50
Liked:
6 times
Default Re: How Much Money Can I Make With A Basic Screen Printing Setup?

There's no set amount that you can or can't make, but yes it is very possible to earn money on the side screen printing while in college. It is very important to ensure that you learn how to print the correct way. There are so many variables in screen printing that it will make you want to pull your hair out sometimes. With the proper knowledge you will be able to bypass many mistakes that beginning printers encounter. Good luck!
Marc likes this.
Send a private message to tancehughes ContactReply & Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Screen Printer Screen Printer is offline
Senior Member

Screen Printer's Avatar
Join Date:
Dec 2010
Location:
New Orleans
Posts:
133
Liked:
18 times
Default Re: How Much Money Can I Make With A Basic Screen Printing Setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tancehughes View Post
There's no set amount that you can or can't make, but yes it is very possible to earn money on the side screen printing while in college. It is very important to ensure that you learn how to print the correct way. There are so many variables in screen printing that it will make you want to pull your hair out sometimes. With the proper knowledge you will be able to bypass many mistakes that beginning printers encounter. Good luck!
You sound like you have been there and done that...

Do you offer training and setup?

I wouldn't mind paying someone to come and help me get set up.

Outputting screens.
Setting up my exposure unit for proper exposure.
Coating a screen properly
running a test job on a manual.
Getting the proper dryer temperature

Do you have one of those donut probes to set dryer temperature?

I need to grow up fast...lol
Send a private message to Screen Printer ContactReply & Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
tancehughes tancehughes is offline
Member
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
50
Liked:
6 times
Default Re: How Much Money Can I Make With A Basic Screen Printing Setup?

Yeah, Even though I don't know everything under the sun, I love to help others learn screen printing the right way. You know how to get in touch with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen Printer View Post
You sound like you have been there and done that...

Do you offer training and setup?

I wouldn't mind paying someone to come and help me get set up.

Outputting screens.
Setting up my exposure unit for proper exposure.
Coating a screen properly
running a test job on a manual.
Getting the proper dryer temperature

Do you have one of those donut probes to set dryer temperature?

I need to grow up fast...lol
Send a private message to tancehughes ContactReply & Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
DPRO DPRO is offline
Junior Member
Join Date:
Nov 2011
Posts:
13
Liked:
3 times
Default Re: How Much Money Can I Make With A Basic Screen Printing Setup?

Thanks, guys. I realize my question is one those 'how long is a piece of string?' question. I'm a complete noob so i kinda don't even know what questions I should be asking.
Send a private message to DPRO ContactReply & Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
dutch750i dutch750i is offline
Junior Member
Join Date:
Apr 2011
Posts:
7
Liked:
0 times
Default Re: How Much Money Can I Make With A Basic Screen Printing Setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen Printer View Post
You sound like you have been there and done that...

Do you offer training and setup?

I wouldn't mind paying someone to come and help me get set up.

Outputting screens.
Setting up my exposure unit for proper exposure.
Coating a screen properly
running a test job on a manual.
Getting the proper dryer temperature

Do you have one of those donut probes to set dryer temperature?

I need to grow up fast...lol

just an idea,
why dont you offer your services, no pay, to a ''MANUAL"screen printing company, learn how to work it, before you start doing it. We started out in the garage a couple of years ago. We found out "the wheel" in screenprinting a dozen times believe me.
Send a private message to dutch750i ContactReply & Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
tpitman tpitman is offline
Junior Member

tpitman's Avatar
Join Date:
Jan 2011
Posts:
21
Liked:
2 times
Default Re: How Much Money Can I Make With A Basic Screen Printing Setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPRO View Post
Thanks, guys. I realize my question is one those 'how long is a piece of string?' question. I'm a complete noob so i kinda don't even know what questions I should be asking.
You might want to buy a copy of "How to Print T-Shirts for Fun and Profit" by Scott Fresener. It' gives a very good overview of the whole process. You can get them from his site at T-Biz Network, or try Amazon. Used is as good as new for the screenprinting info. The new ones are supposed to have some info on DTG, I think, which you don't need.
Send a private message to tpitman ContactReply & Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brand New Full Screen Printing Package Jdesigns Old Screen Printing Ads 4 July 29th, 2011 12:51 PM
[FOR SALE] - Full Screen Printing Setup, great buy [Champaign, Illinois] Print1906 Old Screen Printing Ads 3 June 21st, 2010 06:25 PM
Screen Printing Shop Liquidation - 10,000' of Equipment - Make Offer john@experteesinc.com Old Screen Printing Ads 4 May 31st, 2010 10:37 AM
Full Manual Screen Printing Setup FOR SALE helloimjosh Old Screen Printing Ads 15 February 1st, 2010 02:27 PM
6 Color, 4 Station Screen Printing Setup brian.boyleston Old Screen Printing Ads 1 October 27th, 2009 08:05 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 PM.
Copyright © 2011 DigitSmith. All rights reserved.
Forums software by VBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.