DigitSmith

T11 What is the most you charge for digitizing?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert Young

Old April 10th, 2017, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times
Default T11 What is the most you charge for digitizing?

I realize our industry has changed quite a bit from the old Digitrac days where you might only get 2 left chest/hat designs completed in a full day of work... so naturally the prices have come down with technology advances and global pressures....

BUT

right now in 2017 what is the limit you feel appropriate for digitizing?

I can see a left chest/hat from 15 to 95. A full back from 55 to 235. and specialty framed art from 150 to 2500 or more. hand embellished work either painted or beaded/pearling really has no limit just depends on project and time.
Send a private message to Robert Young ContactReply & Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times
Default Re: T11 What is the most you charge for digitizing?

I realize this is a regional/country specific question. But in the last 5 years what is the most you have ever charged JUST for digitizing. not sewing, not even a sample. ONLY the digitizing fee?

How often are you able to command 100.00 US? 500.00 US? 1000.00 US or more? If you are mired in the 15 to 25 my question would be: "why?" your choice I am assuming? make it up in volume idea? not sure that works for my way of thinking but hey.
Old April 15th, 2017, 01:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Liked:
24 times

I am in a different country - but for what it is worth I have a minimum of R200.00 and the most I have charged is R450.00. I decide the price depending on the complexity of the design (not a stitch count, as I want that as low as possible). There are still some designs I would warn the client that I would need to experiment, and that it would take extra time. There are other designs that I have turned down as the client wanted something photorealistic in a small size.
As a price comparison a tin of Cola costs about R10.00 here. (I have no idea what your price for the same item would be in the States.)
Send a private message to AlisonB ContactReply & Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonB View Post
I am in a different country - but for what it is worth I have a minimum of R200.00 and the most I have charged is R450.00. I decide the price depending on the complexity of the design (not a stitch count, as I want that as low as possible). There are still some designs I would warn the client that I would need to experiment, and that it would take extra time. There are other designs that I have turned down as the client wanted something photorealistic in a small size.
As a price comparison a tin of Cola costs about R10.00 here. (I have no idea what your price for the same item would be in the States.)
so if a can of cola here is 1US.. to keep it simple. You charge 20.00 minimum but the MOST you have charged is 45.00? even for jacket backs that are way more that 2.2 times larger and probably more difficult? What is the largest size wise design you have digitized? hopefully you were able to bill more than R450??
Old May 25th, 2017, 04:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Liked:
24 times

The 2 jacket backs are the largest I have done. I asked R350.00 each. While big they were not excessively complicated. I do ask R600.00 to stitch them out.
The tractor was the most complicated (for me) because they wanted it to look like the picture - and be small enough to stitch on a pocket. The client does the stitching on a domestic machine.
The eagle was time consuming, but not complicated. I asked R400.00 for that one. It went (via a local client) to a family member in Ghana to be stitched there.
Attached Thumbnails
T11 What is the most you charge for digitizing?-bike-jacket-001.jpg   T11 What is the most you charge for digitizing?-bike-jacket-sdimm-009.jpg   T11 What is the most you charge for digitizing?-tractor.jpg   T11 What is the most you charge for digitizing?-eagle-003.jpg  
Send a private message to AlisonB ContactReply & Quote
Old May 25th, 2017, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonB View Post
The 2 jacket backs are the largest I have done. I asked R350.00 each. While big they were not excessively complicated. I do ask R600.00 to stitch them out..
SO you charge more for sewing than the actual digitizing? yikes... that is so foreign to me! While I agree the operator and the machine are VERY important parts of successful quality embroidery you should not discount the original creation of the file. please!

LOVE how you did the left side of the tractor! by the way. very nice attention to detail!
AlisonB likes this.