DigitSmith

T3 Digitizers how do you market?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert Young
  • 1 Post By ltpemb

Old January 20th, 2017, 09:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times
Default T3 Digitizers how do you market?

It is the start of a new year which brings new possibilities so how are you planning on marketing this year? or are you?

Do you have a website that is Search Engine Optimized or is it old like mine so the spiders find it anyway due to time and number of pages?

Do you plan to buy Google Ads or Yahoo Ads? (does Yahoo still spend all your money as soon as possible where Google used to spread it out?)

Ads in industry magazines?

Direct Marketing... email or actual mail?

Booths at trade shows?

Teaching others and getting residual clients from that?

Youtube videos to teach and organically reach prospective clients?

Door to door, or embroidery shop to shop canvasing?

What , if anything, are you planning to market your services in the near term?
Send a private message to Robert Young ContactReply & Quote
Old January 20th, 2017, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times
Default Re: T3 Digitizers how do you market?

Meetup group memberships? Other club memberships? Church affiliations?

People prefer usually to do business with someone they know... so the more groups you enjoy being a part of I would think the more opportunity people will get to know what you do and they or a friend of a friend may need your services?
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times

Instead of sending an email (spam) or a smaller pc of collateral... how about coming up with a fancy shmansy brochure? Less likelihood of it being just thrown away I would hope? We actually use these and where you see the embroidery we actually do THEIR logo and sew it out. Multiple sizes and configurations if possible... so they get left chest, hat, full back, and even a 40 inch wide version for tablecloth in case they ever do a booth. At least it starts a conversation??
Attached Thumbnails
T3  Digitizers how do you market?-brochure-1.jpg   T3  Digitizers how do you market?-brochure-2.jpg  
AlisonB likes this.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times
Question Re: T3 Digitizers how do you market?

How about this? Anyone remember these!!??

I guarantee you they will at least look at the slides... not just file in the garbage!

We were decimated in 2007-8 Had to become more creative to capture their attention!

What do you do? Phone calls? Email blasts? Forum posts? Direct mail? They all have their place of course... but to me the more personal or quirky you can be the better chance you have of getting to know the client... and I still believe people do business with those they like.. .more so than just price.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
T3  Digitizers how do you market?-viewmaster-1.jpg   T3  Digitizers how do you market?-viewmaster-2.jpg  
Old January 29th, 2017, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Liked:
18 times

I don't actively market full digitizing services. I do however occasionally market overall embroidery efficancy, productivity training, quality improvement training, and occasionally I get asked about file editing. But that is a side business so I don't focus on marketing it heavily, I have done video tutorials. Had discussions and solved some specific problems for people. (basically like these boards but directed in a specific market with specific challenges) Either I help them and bank the favor for later. Or I offer a tip that they can then try, or the option to pay me to do it for them.

Example: i am known for my ability to help solve issues with puckering which is the bain of all digitizers and embroiderers everywhere. Well more than once now people have asked "hey can you take a look at this file and see if there is somthing in the file that can improve the puckering issues". to which I go "yes, needs a better underlay to anchor it, and reorder it to spread out the directional push/pull. Or I can fix it for $15 if you have the EMB."

Now is that applicable to you? No idea. But establishing that YOU can solve a problem for them is key. For which you can start charging more because YOU are the expert.

Secondly even though I digitize in house I am open to outsourcing when a challenge I can't quite meet comes up. (faces/animals) or when I start to build up a backlog of digitizing.

I can tell you what works and what dosn't on me.

Doesn't work on me:
e-mails, Phone calls, and bland direct mailing.

What does work on me:
Referalls, Actively showing expertise, and showing off skill (actual sewouts). Creative direct mailing on the other hand works on me.
Robert Young likes this.
Send a private message to ltpemb ContactReply & Quote