DigitSmith

T6 Do you charge rush fees?

Old February 9th, 2017, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times
Default T6 Do you charge rush fees?

Do you charge rush fees?

Are they consistent or do they depend on the client or the order size?

I just had a client tell me: "don't charge me a rush fee but I need this within the hour"
UH. ok, I guess? I have to stop everything right this second to make sure you receive this file within 60 minutes and I do not get to charge for that? other clients have to be delayed?

I did it because the client orders a lot... but part of me still feels like I need a shower. I mean our rush charge is 20.00 YOU as the embroiderer get to make money on every item sewn.. FOR YEARS TO COME.... we are a one hit wonder when it comes to price.

I am out of line?
Send a private message to Robert Young ContactReply & Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Liked:
60 times
Default Re: T6 Do you charge rush fees?

i've never charged a rush fee. i've always prioritized my work by my customers schedules...not first-come, first-serve. i hate getting too far behind and just work the hours i need to so that i stay at least close to caught up. i've been known for sending out designs at 3am.

the "don't charge me a rush fee" thing would get under my skin tho! if you order something online, and it needs shipped faster, you pay more shipping. the customer (the embroiderer...or the embroiderer's customer) shouldn't be the one to decide the rates or fees.
Old February 13th, 2017, 12:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times

Digidana

so your clients tell you up front WHEN they would prefer to expect the order? I like that concept... let the client tell you.

I mean if they order a design on monday but say their client isn't expecting a sample until next thursday... how cool would that be! we just assume when they order they need it today or tomorrow.

Communication is key, I agree. We are lacking in that part of the equation.. WHEN are you wanting this design

We try to get anything that comes in today by noon out that same day.. TRY... but not always possible because when we start any given day we have no idea how much work will come in before noon... not to mention the work that came in after noon yesterday.

Something for us to work on... better communication with our clients.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Old February 14th, 2017, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Liked:
60 times

its nothing that formal.

i usually get a "HELP! i dropped the ball." or they'll let me know its a rush and i just skootch it ahead. since i try to stay caught up-ish, its not a big deal to shuffle the pile a bit. when somebody sends me several at one time and i know i won't get them all done the same day i do ask them to set priorities.

if its going to be a very time-consuming jacketback design i usually ask about the deadline because they're harder to skootch. i hate starting a jacketback design then having to stop half way through. i usually try to clear a block of time to get it done start-to-finish.
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times

On our site we do have a PRIORITY button the client can check... no additional charge it just puts the order at the top of the list on the screen we see... and hopefully within the instructions they explain when exactly they need the file.

We also have a RUSH button which usually carries a $20 upcharge and it moves the order above the Priority orders and the entire bar is red in color.. those we stop everything for and try to get out as soon as humanly possible. a couple hours hopefully?

But where we are lacking is all of the regular orders that come in. How to prioritize them. In a perfect world I would expect first in first out. But to me if first in is a super involved 22,000 stitch sheriffs badge that will take me quite a bit of time... I tend to go for several easier logos to get more clients' their orders ... then will work on the badge later at night or early in the morning. Problem is if you get 5 orders that are that involved... well, to me you have to be in a particular mind set to work on those

We are not robots.

Thoughts?
Old March 3rd, 2017, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Liked:
18 times

Depending upon who it is and what the kind of order it is.
Send a private message to ltpemb ContactReply & Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 05:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Liked:
0 times

I do not charge rush
Price $10 per design - Email : [email address]
Send a private message to digitizingninjas ContactReply & Quote