DigitSmith

T8 Do you have a Blog?

Old March 12th, 2017, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Liked:
181 times
Default T8 Do you have a Blog?

As a digitizer or embroiderer do you have a blog to show your projects and ideas and potential projects?

If so, which blog site do you use?

I guess Facebook could be considered a "blog" so it that how you use that platform?
Send a private message to Robert Young ContactReply & Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Liked:
60 times
Default Re: T8 Do you have a Blog?

no...i don't. i do have a facebook page but never use it. not a big facebooker.
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Liked:
18 times

I do some youtube videos. More as an educational sort of documentation process (and as a marketing thing so people pay me for support help when things really start going wrong or if they need me to fix digitizer mistakes (usually in regards to puckering on polyester fabrics which is a specialty of mine)
Send a private message to ltpemb ContactReply & Quote
Old March 18th, 2017, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Liked:
15 times

I've had a blog on Blogger since 2007. Its easy to use but I don't do much with it except add text posts on embroidery subjects. I have a RSS feed linked to my Twitter account so when I post on Blogger the same article is posted to Twitter. Recently Google gave Blogger users the option of moving to https. It was simple to do (Thanks Google!) so I appreciated not having to go through a big production like I did with my web site. You can also add a Blogger account to Google Webmaster Tools so you have all the benefits of monitoring your Blogger site.

I have a Facebook account but I don't use it because it seems too time consuming, I have trouble figuring out how to use it and I hate how FB continues to ping you even through you turn off notifications. It seems like FB has become too feature-rich if you just want to post an article. They seem too concerned about their financial gain. A lot of people in the decoration business say they get a lot of business that way but I think you really have to implement a whole plan of operation marketed to a particular niche or group of niches. I do know a sign maker who does mostly local work and he posts a "customer of the week" post showing his work. That works for him and his customers like the free advertising. He does large signage and vehicle wraps so his posts look impressive.

Custom Embroidered Polo Shirts with your logo

Embroidered Button Down Shirts no minimum
Send a private message to SunEmbroidery ContactReply & Quote