DigitSmith

Who would you rather buy supplies from?

View Poll Results: Who would you rather buy supplies from? Select your favorite options.
Someone nearby? 2 12.50%
Someone that delivers? 7 43.75%
The Cheapest? 6 37.50%
Out of State Vendor to save on Tax? 3 18.75%
From a Salesman that visits you? 10 62.50%
From a Salesman that never visits? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ink Guy Ink Guy is offline
Member
Join Date:
Jan 2011
Location:
Tour is over- Back in the USA!
Posts:
38
Liked:
1 times
Default Who would you rather buy supplies from?

Who would you rather buy supplies from?
Send a private message to Ink Guy ContactReply & Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lux Inks Lux Inks is offline
Junior Member

Lux Inks's Avatar
Join Date:
Apr 2011
Location:
San Clemente California 92673
Posts:
22
Liked:
0 times
Default Re: Who would you rather buy supplies from?

Nearby and Cheapest for us.
__________________
www.luxinks.com
http://facebook.com/luxinks
twitter.com/luxinks

924 Calle Negocio
Suite D
San Clemente Calif. 92673
(949) 200.2923

screen printing,t-shirt printing,custom shirt printing,contact screen printing,custom apparel printing,private label,water base,discharge,flock,puff,foil,burnout,garment finishing,fast turnaround,cheap t-shirt printing,great pricing,sublimation printing

Our customer service is outstanding and our quality is superb!
Send a private message to Lux Inks ContactReply & Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Printficient Printficient is offline
Senior Member
Join Date:
Oct 2010
Location:
Woodstock GA 404-895-1796
Posts:
129
Liked:
2 times
Default Re: Who would you rather buy supplies from?

You left out the most important trait. Industry knowledge and real world print experience.
Send a private message to Printficient ContactReply & Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Icon_714 Icon_714 is offline
Member
Join Date:
Dec 2010
Location:
So Cal
Posts:
55
Liked:
26 times
Default Re: Who would you rather buy supplies from?

Out of state vendor to save on tax? haha good luck with that.
__________________
Down the coastlines with the winds we reign. Men of the north we leave the shores in flames.
Send a private message to Icon_714 ContactReply & Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
vicb vicb is offline
Member
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
54
Liked:
29 times
Default Re: Who would you rather buy supplies from?

Free delivery is well worth the sales tax.
Icon_714 likes this.
Send a private message to vicb ContactReply & Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Printwizard Printwizard is offline
Senior Member
Join Date:
Jun 2011
Location:
Auckland, N.Z.
Posts:
369
Liked:
47 times
Default Re: Who would you rather buy supplies from?

Quality of consumables, speed and ease of use, lifespan, environmental-green ratings, meeting compliances and regulations, amount of seconds or holes in stock (we run a zero defect policy, any second goes back for resupply) hence speed of resupply, cost and margin, colour range, ability of resupply, stock levels and out of stock frequencies, payment terms, volume discount structures, label and brand perceptions, fit, colour and shade availability, colorfastness, fade resistance, fabric technical specs, complimentary services such as relabeling, sales relationship, quality, service, culture, how they deal with issues, confidentiality and neutrality, professionalism and respect, education on use, unbranded catalogues and websites, don't deal direct in competition with us, COD discounts, open on weekends or after hours if we need something urgent, hell I can type pages of attributes that effect the decision making process that are part and vital to the decisions from shirts, ink, tools etc ... Another simple and knieve poll that doesn't begin to cover the true variables......
Send a private message to Printwizard ContactReply & Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
californiadreamin californiadreamin is offline
Senior Member
Join Date:
Jul 2009
Posts:
185
Liked:
56 times
Default Re: Who would you rather buy supplies from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printwizard View Post
Quality of consumables, speed and ease of use, lifespan, environmental-green ratings, meeting compliances and regulations, amount of seconds or holes in stock (we run a zero defect policy, any second goes back for resupply) hence speed of resupply, cost and margin, colour range, ability of resupply, stock levels and out of stock frequencies, payment terms, volume discount structures, label and brand perceptions, fit, colour and shade availability, colorfastness, fade resistance, fabric technical specs, complimentary services such as relabeling, sales relationship, quality, service, culture, how they deal with issues, confidentiality and neutrality, professionalism and respect, education on use, unbranded catalogues and websites, don't deal direct in competition with us, COD discounts, open on weekends or after hours if we need something urgent, hell I can type pages of attributes that effect the decision making process that are part and vital to the decisions from shirts, ink, tools etc ... Another simple and knieve poll that doesn't begin to cover the true variables......
Printwizard!
This probably is the best answer to a single question I have read. BUT,
It looks like you put way to much thought into this. We don't like to think!
We use to! It changed when Simon Cowell, showed us that we could only
choose one in our decisions. And I see where he is coming from! Like do I
watch "Jersey Shore" and look at snooky's new treats, or "Jennifer Lopez's
everything in "American Idol", or the woman with 19 kids in Utah, or my new
"Favorite" ... "American Moonshine" which overtook my favorite "Alaska Gold",
they just didn't pull enough gold out of the ground,for my likes. You see it's
tough! It looks like you run a solid business, I would be very suprised if it is
not! And if not, it will, with this line of thinking!
Happy Printing,
winston
Printwizard likes this.
Send a private message to californiadreamin ContactReply & Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
vicb vicb is offline
Member
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Posts:
54
Liked:
29 times
Default Re: Who would you rather buy supplies from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printwizard View Post
Quality of consumables, speed and ease of use, lifespan, environmental-green ratings, meeting compliances and regulations, amount of seconds or holes in stock (we run a zero defect policy, any second goes back for resupply) hence speed of resupply, cost and margin, colour range, ability of resupply, stock levels and out of stock frequencies, payment terms, volume discount structures, label and brand perceptions, fit, colour and shade availability, colorfastness, fade resistance, fabric technical specs, complimentary services such as relabeling, sales relationship, quality, service, culture, how they deal with issues, confidentiality and neutrality, professionalism and respect, education on use, unbranded catalogues and websites, don't deal direct in competition with us, COD discounts, open on weekends or after hours if we need something urgent, hell I can type pages of attributes that effect the decision making process that are part and vital to the decisions from shirts, ink, tools etc ... Another simple and knieve poll that doesn't begin to cover the true variables......
A very great thought out and naive answer that to accomplish everything mentioned would take a team of 30 employees to research daily as the market changes. Keeping it simple is the basis for a small business to thrive.
Send a private message to vicb ContactReply & Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Printwizard Printwizard is offline
Senior Member
Join Date:
Jun 2011
Location:
Auckland, N.Z.
Posts:
369
Liked:
47 times
Default Re: Who would you rather buy supplies from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiadreamin View Post
Printwizard!
This probably is the best answer to a single question I have read. BUT,
It looks like you put way to much thought into this. We don't like to think!
We use to! It changed when Simon Cowell, showed us that we could only
choose one in our decisions. And I see where he is coming from! Like do I
watch "Jersey Shore" and look at snooky's new treats, or "Jennifer Lopez's
everything in "American Idol", or the woman with 19 kids in Utah, or my new
"Favorite" ... "American Moonshine" which overtook my favorite "Alaska Gold",
they just didn't pull enough gold out of the ground,for my likes. You see it's
tough! It looks like you run a solid business, I would be very suprised if it is
not! And if not, it will, with this line of thinking!
Happy Printing,
winston
Thanks Winstone, I always respect and like to read your posts as well. Keeping it simple like VicB mentions is also key, but you do have to be aware, analyze and be in a constant state of evolution and continual improvement. I have virtually zero loss of customers, and I would say that 95% of all new business is by word of mouth and referral to us. We had a new job on Friday by referral and they said our shirts prints never fail or have holes, look awesome, our colour sense for ink choices, art and design etc, then they said about who they had used and what was wrong. Now, we don't take the easy path and pack seconds low down the box in the middle of a bundle, we replace them. Even with contract printing we send garments with holes or flaws back and replace, one hour couriers when necessary, and it costs us thousands of dollars a year at a guess in time and cost of doing this. W have learnt to tax certain brands and styles accordingly where we find more issue, so we charge extra to print fruit of the loom, and Gildan where we find many holes in the tubular shirts, Moreso than other brands we print, and the extra ten cents on problem brands easily covers the time, cost and hassle. We probably send back five to twenty items a day. This a hassle, it costs us, but I do believe that zero defects leaving our factory is why we have a full board of work when other shops are empty. Also our cost of sale is much lower, no advertising, no reps, no yellow pages, no website, no Tradeshows, nothing, not for over a decade. Likewise, our customers who choose to deal with environmental, ethical, sustainable suppliers is worth probably one to three million in sales. Includes one of the biggest banks here, most of our charities, government and council contracts and a small few corporates, but the people who look at this aspect typically all spend between $1000 a month to $1000 a day and are bigger buyers, not sports teams.
Business is in part keep it simple, but if you have aspirations, then suppliers are every bit as important as customers, and staffing, I would say in equal thirds. You must evaluate more than simple attributes to grow past a hobby business or one that just pays the wages, especially in this tough business environment where you have to be sharper and more competitive to grow.
Send a private message to Printwizard ContactReply & Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Printwizard Printwizard is offline
Senior Member
Join Date:
Jun 2011
Location:
Auckland, N.Z.
Posts:
369
Liked:
47 times
Default Re: Who would you rather buy supplies from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb View Post
A very great thought out and naive answer that to accomplish everything mentioned would take a team of 30 employees to research daily as the market changes. Keeping it simple is the basis for a small business to thrive.
You don't need 30, you need one sharp person. I started underneath a house with the very basics. Keeping it simple is the basis for a small business to stay small. If you want to thrive you have to get competitive.
Send a private message to Printwizard ContactReply & Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Embroidery Supplies & Thread texemb Old Embroidery Ads 1 May 9th, 2011 05:38 PM
Do You Want To Buy Embroidery Supplies? mrhodus Product/Service Promotion 0 October 21st, 2009 06:51 PM
used or new machine, which to buy? PVC Embroidery and Digitizing 0 January 16th, 2007 01:09 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.
Copyright © 2011 DigitSmith. All rights reserved.
Forums software by VBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.